This is for the online business trailblazers.
Especially those of you diving into the thrilling world of digital products like ebooks, courses, and workshops.
If you find yourself stuck on the content/marketing/asset creation treadmill 24/7, I want to help.
Well, ok, I want to show you how ChatGPT prompts can help. This AI wonder can help you create MORE in your business in LESS time and with LESS effort, freeing up your precious time for whatever other activities you’re interested in.
Maybe you’ll start an herb garden.
But how do you make the most of AI? How do you actually save time when it seems like getting to that “Just Right” output is taking hours of chatting? How do you write ChatGPT prompts that will help you actually make money with ChatGPT?
Say hello to the CRISP Prompt framework.
Unpacking the CRISP Framework & Start Writing Better ChatGPT Prompts Immediately
The CRISP framework is your secret sauce for crafting effective prompts for ChatGPT.
When I first started using ChatGPT, I was unimpressed to be honest. The outputs were generic. They didn’t sound like me. I felt like I would save time just doing everything myself.
But that was on me. I didn’t understand what ChatGPT prompts would work in order to get a good output.
Now I do. And you can, too.
Basically, the CRISP ChatGPT prompt framework is like your magic wand, transforming your AI content creation process into a breezy, quality-packed adventure.
Ok, but what does CRISP mean?
It has nothing to do with french fries or how you like your pizza cooked.
It has everything to do with what elements you should include in your prompts to ChatGPT.
That’s where the CRISP prompt framework comes in. It gives you some structure for your prompts so that you can give enough detail and get to the specific output you’re looking for as quickly as possible.
So, without further ado, here’s what each letter in the framework stands for.
C – Context: This is your starting point, where you set the stage for ChatGPT. It’s like you’re opening a book to the right chapter, letting ChatGPT know exactly where the story begins.
Often you’ll give ChatGPT a character to play, but you’ll want to let it know who you are talking to as well.
Here are some examples:
- “As an expert in digital marketing strategies, especially for online businesses selling digital products like ebooks…”
- “Being a professional puppy trainer with over a decade of experience in handling various breeds…”
- “Acting as a seasoned chef with a special focus on vegan and gluten-free cuisines…”
- “Speaking as a certified personal trainer who specializes in home workouts for busy individuals…”
- “With the background of a successful freelance writer who has published numerous bestselling ebooks and online courses…
R – Request: Then comes the Request. This is your chance to instruct ChatGPT about what you want.
It’s like asking your most knowledgeable friend a question. You can ask for blog posts, infographics, ebook outlines and about a million more things.
Here are some examples:
- “…provide a comprehensive list of effective SEO techniques for improving the visibility of an ebook.”
- “…give step-by-step instructions for toilet training a young puppy.”
- “…outline a seven-day vegan, gluten-free meal plan with easily accessible ingredients.”
- “…demonstrate a 30-minute home workout routine suitable for individuals with no gym equipment.”
- “…share practical tips on how to start a successful freelance writing career in the digital space.”
I – Intent: Next up is Intent. This is where you share what you hope to achieve with the generated content. It’s like telling your friend why you’re asking the question.
- “…that can be easily understood and implemented by beginners to digital marketing.”
- “…to help new pet owners manage their puppy’s behavior effectively and with minimal stress.”
- “…which can help individuals with dietary restrictions maintain a balanced and satisfying diet.”
- “…so that people with busy schedules can maintain their fitness even without access to a gym.”
- “…aimed at assisting aspiring writers to navigate the initial stages of their freelance career.”
S – Style: The S in CRISP stands for Style. Whether you want a casual conversation or a formal report, ChatGPT can do it all. You just need to guide the tone.
- “…in a simple, jargon-free language that novices can easily understand.”
- “…using a friendly and reassuring tone that will comfort first-time pet owners.”
- “…in a vibrant and engaging manner that will inspire those on a vegan and gluten-free diet.”
- “…with a motivating and energetic tone that will keep busy individuals inspired to workout.”
- “…in a practical and straightforward manner, without sugar-coating the challenges of freelance writing.”
P – Parameters: Finally, we have Parameters. Here, you can set the rules, such as word count or focus areas. It’s like giving your friend a few guidelines on how to answer.
- “…keeping the response concise and under 300 words.”
- “…providing a list of at least five distinct steps for the training process.”
- “…ensuring that each meal in the plan includes a protein source, a carbohydrate source, and vegetables.”
- “…detailing exercises that target both upper and lower body, and do not require more than 10 minutes each.”
- “…highlighting at least three key challenges a new freelancer might face, along with practical solutions for each.”
The Importance of Each Piece
Every part of the CRISP framework plays an important role. They’re like the road signs guiding your AI journey, ensuring you reach your destination.
Without them, even the most advanced AI can stray off course. With CRISP, you’re in control, and that’s pretty awesome!
HOWEVER, that being said, if you’re feeling stuck on how to include one of the pieces in your prompt, it’s ok to skip it. I give you permission. You might end up figuring out how to ask for that piece after you get an output anyway.
What you don’t have permission to do, is not check your outputs for errors.
One time, I was asking ChatGPT for help with something to do with Midjourney, the AI image generator. As I read the outputs, I was confused. They were off.
After rewording things a few times, I asked ChatGPT, “Do you know what Midjourney is?”
And basically, ChatGPT said, No, I don’t think I do.
I had forgotten that Midjourney is very new, post 2021 and ChatGPT would not know anything about it!
Inaccuracies can happen for lots of different reasons, so make sure you keep an eye on those outputs!
Unlock Your AI Super Powers
In a nutshell, the CRISP framework is your key to unlocking the online business builder superpowers of ChatGPT. It’s like having a personal AI assistant, ready to craft everything from captivating product descriptions to engaging audience-building posts.
Ready to turn your content creation process on its head? Grab the free CRISP cheat sheet today. You’re about to make content creation for your online business not just simple, but truly exhilarating!